Your credit score plays an important role in determining your eligibility for a lot of services like loans and mortgages. Because of this, it is necessary for you to be well aware of your credit report and why it is crucial. A regular check of this report should be top on your list when it comes to handling your finances.
Your credit report is data of your previous and current debt, payment history, and even your financial background. It can also serve as a guard against consumer fraud and identity theft. However, like any other thing, some factors may affect it, like THD/CBNA. This article will discuss what it is and what it means in your credit report.
What Is THD/CBNA?
THD/CBNA means The Home Depot/Citibank North America. It is a huge consumer and business banking institution that gives credit cards for a broad range of merchandising stores like The Home Depot. The bank offers three THD retail credit cards; The Home Depot Commercial Account, Project loan, The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card, and The Home Depot Commercial Revolving Charge Card.
Why Is THD/CBNA On My Credit Report?
Have you recently seen the name “CBNA” on your credit report but unsure what it is and what does it mean? Don’t worry, you are not alone. A lot of consumers also had a hard pull on their credit report from this institution. Any unexpected inquiry on your credit certainly will lead to various questions like “where did the inquiry come from” or “will this hurt my credit score?.”
Do not be surprised to see “THD/CBNA” in your credit report if you happen to apply for the cards, credit accounts, and loans mentioned above, as Citibank will be authorized to run a hard credit check. But, will it be hurting your credit score? The site https://www.crediful.com/credit-inquiries/thd-cbna/ will be able to provide more information you might need.
How Does It Affect Your Credit Report?
A credit inquiry may be one of the less impactful entries on your credit report, at least for the soft ones. However, the entry that the THD/CBNA does to your report is a hard one. As you know, hard inquiries give businesses and retailers permission like The Home Depot and Citibank to look at your credit history deeper.
During a hard inquiry, the lender can access one or two of your credit reports giving a more in-depth look at your credit history. On a lighter note, a hard inquiry will lower a credit score by a few points and fall off in two years. That being said, having quite a lot of hard inquiries shows that you rely heavily on credit cards and loans, making it less appealing to lenders.
Can It Be Removed From Your Credit Report?
If you applied for The Home Depot cards, you might not be able to remove the inquiry from your reports, but it should be gone after two years. But what’s going to happen if you see an unauthorized credit pull under “THD/CBNA” on your credit report? Unapproved inquiries may be a result of identity theft or reporting error. Here’s what you can do.
- Ask for a proof. Get in touch with the business that pulled your credit and request for any proof that says you allowed the inquiry.
- Report. You may visit the Federal Trade Commission’s official website to report and document the suspected identity theft. Aside from that, you may also think of filing for a police report.
- Dispute. If you are confident that you did not authorize the inquiry, you may go ahead and file a dispute with the Bureaus. Make sure to gather all the important information from Citibank about this.
Once you have everything that you need, you may proceed with filing a dispute with the bureaus. Once they proved that there was an error, the entry will be removed from your account.
- Freeze your credit report. To stop identity thieves from abusing your financial information further, it is a wise move to freeze your credit. You need to remember that you will not be able to be approved for any financial products while it is in place. But, this will definitely prevent anyone from opening accounts in your name.
- Hire a credit report company. If you do not have the energy and time to deal with lenders and bureaus regarding an inquiry you did not allow, a credit repair company can do the work for you. Their specialists will be able to help in disputing any inaccurate reports and have them removed.
Many consumers keep on asking what is THD/CBNA on their credit report and if they have applied for a credit card from that institution. It would be best if you kept in mind that you will see these letters in your credit reports once you applied for a credit account to any of the businesses associated with them. But, if you did not, it is best to take the necessary actions to protect yourself from identity fraud.
Worthwhile Ways To Increase Brand Awareness For Your Business
Misty Oaks Paxton Unravels Her Journey on Becoming the Spiritual Attorney
The Phone Repair Economy
Women@KD4 weeks ago
TV Reporter Turned Mompreneur Invents Solution to Dirty Car Seats
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
How Jason Capital Became A Millionaire at 24 Years Old
Interviews3 weeks ago
Q&A with Jonathan Lepow, the Co-founder of @toptree
Business3 weeks ago
Clean Canz Is Taking A Cleaner And More Eco-Friendly Approach To Taking Out Trash
Business3 weeks ago
Shahrez Hayder Reveals How to Scale Multi-Million Dollar Companies
Interviews3 weeks ago
Trusy Social’s Very Own COO Jacob Britton Discusses Starting Your Business
Technology2 weeks ago
What Is the Purpose of Choosing a Good Website Name?
Leadership3 weeks ago
Microsoft Names CEO as Chairman of The Board