Tell us your name and a little about yourself.
I’m Jenna Morton, a chartered Accountant turned blogger! I started blogging to bring more creativity into my life and never stopped!
What exactly does your company do?
I run a blog called Prada and Pearls which is a fashion beauty and lifestyle blog. The goal is to provide affordable and trendy fashion and beauty tips to women worldwide. I also run a personal finance blog called Balancing that budget which focuses on helping you earn more, save more and live debt-free.
What were the biggest challenges you have faced and how did you overcome them?
1) learning to ignore judgement, when I left my personal finance job to pursue blogging full-time many people judged. But I was determined to follow my dreams!
2) Learning the technicalities of running a blog! There’s a lot to learn and you need to really focus and dedicate time to it.
3) you can’t do everything and everything won’t be perfect. Once you accept this you’ll be less stressed.
What piece of advice do you wish someone had given you at the start of your career?
1) believe in yourself and celebrate the small successes that’s so important. It keeps you motivated
2) don’t give up – there will be times when you want to throw in the towel but don’t. Just keep going and adjust your strategy instead.
Who are your biggest influences and people you admire and why?
There’s some OG fashion bloggers I will always look up to like “Southern pearls and curls” but recently “ the birds papaya” she’s so unapologetically herself and that’s so refreshing.
None of us are able to achieve success without some help along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped get you to where you are?
To be honest my closest friends and family have always supported me with blogging which has meant the world. Especially, my boyfriend, he takes a lot of my pictures and is always cheering me on! It’s so important to have a support system when becoming an entrepreneur.
What do you see as your greatest success in life?
Becoming a chartered accountant was a huge accomplishment for me it was difficult and very rewarding. Also taking the leap to blog full time! It was a huge risk but I’m so happy I went for it.
How can people follow your journey? Please list your social media URLs