Kioka Tanksley is the Founder of Royalty Reigns Management and the first African American female to build a Global Brand at the age of 28.
Recently, I got a chance to interview Kioka Tanksley, and she had a lot to share concerning how she achieved this seemingly impossible feat.
Here’s our conversation:
1. Tell me a little about yourself
Kioka Tanksley is a businesswoman who was born on August 5, 1991, and raised in Augusta, Georgia (feels good to talk in third-person). In all seriousness, I grew up in a single-parent home with my mother, Koren Brown and younger sister, Alexis Cheatham who are both my motivation and inspiration to succeed. Although I grew up without my father, Kelvin Tanksley, who was incarcerated most of my life, he has displayed great strength and courage in his absence, which too contributes to my ambition to win.
I am now the proud Founder of Royalty Reigns Management, a global brand management consultancy providing brand communications solutions for top-tier companies, celebrities, and global brands.
As the Billionaire Brand Consultant, and expert, I am known for identifying profitable opportunities while planning and implementing effective promotional campaigns that engage cultural to high-end consumers through Strategic Marketing, Branding, Public Relations, and Business Development.
2. What does it feel like to be one of the first African American females to build a Global Brand?
It feels amazing to live out my vision as a country girl turned woman with the power to pursue destiny against all odds. It would be my reality without the support of my clients, colleagues, and key business partners as they uplift my brand which plays a major role in my success. The trust we receive based on our expertise directly contributes to their bottom line as we confidently promote growth, generate billions in market value, establish on-brand partnerships, and secure international press coverage on their behalf.
With that being said, I am content with the fact that my team and I are results-driven and are passionate about client sharing our client’s brand story worldwide while maintaining an atmosphere of trust through effective strategies and client relations. I am a witness that building great relationships, yields great rewards!
3. What values and principles do you adhere to?
To walk in excellence, remain top performers in brand marketing communications, learn and stay up to date on the evolving trends to best serve my clients, trust my creativity, and the process of innovation, perform with honesty, respect my client’s intelligence and perspectives, hone in on their energies to navigate how to create a remarkable experience and difference in their lives. In addition, you have to always keep your head up, reinvent yourself, never doubt yourself, trust your decisions, and practice creativity daily.
I believe these values and principles are the #1 success factors in my career and the key attributes any brand can apply to be more effective, efficient, and successful.
4. Since working with celebrities and major brands, what advice would you give someone aspiring to work with the same type of clients?
In business, the customer is always right and offenses will come! You will be promoted to the level of your tolerance of pain (no pain no gain). If you’re too sensitive you can’t handle, people who get big bucks are paid to handle problems. You have to know that although the expertise you have to build trust and dismantle their beliefs prior to working with you. To whom much is given much is required.
For example, if you are approached by a celebrity, he or she might have sought out your services based on your ability but they could have trust issues due to their previous business relationship or frustration from being stagnant in their career. In some cases, you can start the new partnership where the celebrity is confused, misinformed, and stubborn but never wrong. Ever date anyone like that? You have to now put in the work and over-communicate to build their trust.
Having said that, your clients are the reason you have a business. Without them, you don’t have one. You should approach your client relationships the same way you approach a date. Nurture it with good intentions and relentless care. Every encounter builds on the previous one. Each opportunity and sale establishes client retention and brand loyalty.
5. Do you have any suggestions for enhancing Customer Busines?
- Amaze your clients with remarkable service. The key to good customer service is treating all your customers like Royalty but not necessarily the same. Their experiences must be tailored as a direct response to their needs.
- Good service sells. Always anticipate the needs of your customers by emphasizing service solutions over sales.
- Be a problem solver. If you are resourceful and always have an answer to their need they will consider your brand a great investment. They’ll appreciate the advice and remember your business the next time they need your goods or services.
- Innovate by understanding that most rules are meant to be broken. It keeps the relationship mysterious and unpredictable. When asked to do something outside of your comfort zone come up with a healthy compromise and never say, “No, that’s against the rules,” innovation has no limit. However, there’s one that should never be compromised – keep your customers happy and satisfied.
6. What’s your favorite quote and why?
I am content that the work that I have done is wonderful. – Angela Bassett
When you take risks in your life, you have courage in your unique abilities. You must always continue to trust your intuition, judgment, and the process. You have to know that anything you set out to do is prosperous and no one on this earth could have done it the way did and will continue to.
7. What thoughtful piece of advice would you give to your younger self?
As your days are, so should your strength be! You will experience trauma but it won’t take you out or consume you, it’s designed to build your character so that you can withstand the obstacles you will later experience and be equipped to handle.
Pursue your vision with patience, remember that faith is the substance of things hoped for and evidence of things unseen. Do not doubt yourself, or get weary in well-doing because God’s grace is sufficient and in due time he will reveal your purpose, a divine strategy, and the power of exceptionalism that dwells inside of you.
8. If a celebrity or brand is looking to contact you, how can they do it?
They can visit our website, www.royaltyreignsmgt.com, email us at email@example.com or call (347) 815–3737.
Most Common VoIP Security Issues you should know about
How Veronica Camara is Changing the Content Strategy Game
7 Keys to Developing a Creative Brain
Interviews2 weeks ago
Disrupting The Way to Learn New Languages: Marina Mogilko, Co-Founder of LinguaTrip
Leadership4 weeks ago
Cross Creek Farm- An Entrepreneurs Vision Comes To Life
Interviews2 weeks ago
Meet Entrepreneur Erick Montañez From AllFarmZ, The Agriculture Startup Who Won $10K Seed Funding at 4YFN
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
The Story Behind One of Europe’s Most Influential Digital Content Creators, Joseph Rubelli
Lifestyle3 weeks ago
Ray Bouderau-Living the Dream
Business3 weeks ago
From Closing Million Dollar Deals To Starting Her Own Real Estate Group with Maria Camila Betancur
Interviews1 week ago
The Success Anatomy: Interview With Entrepreneur Randle Dugan
Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
Meet The Worlds Top Transformational Coach: Jacob Galea