Connect with us





landscaping services

Switzerland—Young Professionals

Description: The Young CANADA VISA FOR SWITZERLAND CITIZENS category is designed for Swiss citizens, particularly post-secondary graduates, who wish to further their careers by gaining professional work experience in Canada. Participants must have a signed letter of offer or a signed contract of employment before submitting their profile to a pool (up to 18 months).

Note: As a Swiss citizen, you may participate in IEC twice. The combined durations of your two IEC work permits to Canada must not exceed 18 months.

To be eligible for the Young Professionals category, you must:

  • be a Swiss citizen
  • have a valid Swiss passport for the duration of your stay in Canada
    • Your work permit in Canada can’t be valid longer than your passport
  • be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive)
  • have a minimum of CAN$2,500 to help cover your expenses in Canada
  • have health insurance for the duration of your stay
    • You may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada
  • not be inadmissible to Canada
  • have, before departure, a round-trip ticket or demonstrate that you’ll have the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket at the end of your authorized stay in Canada
  • have a signed letter of offer or contract of employment in Canada
    • The employment offer must be in your field of expertise (through schooling or work experience) and contribute to your professional development
  • not be accompanied by dependants
  • pay the fees

Note: The cost of living varies depending on where you decide to settle in Canada. Prepare financially by finding out how much it costs to live in the city and province or territory where you plan to stay.

Learn how to complete your IEC profile online.

Who can participate

To participate

  • your country or territory of CANADA VISA FOR UK CITIZENS must have a Youth Mobility Agreement with Canada or
  • you may be able to use a recognized organization

Some countries only allow you to participate once. Others allow you to participate twice, but in different categories. Because each country is different, it’s important that you check to see if you’re eligible to apply.

Even if you’re issued an invitation to apply, you can’t participate more times than your country allows. After you submit your application, an officer will assess your eligibility, including your past participations. Make sure you read and understand all the requirements before you submit an application.

Even if you hold a refugee travel document issued by a country that has a youth mobility agreement with Canada, you’re not eligible to participate.


Your dependants can’t come with you to Canada under the IEC program. However, they may apply to visit, study or work in Canada. We’ll look at your application separately from theirs.

Find out more about how dependants can come to Canada.