Omon is a self-made Entrepreneur from New York City. At the age of 15, Omon had launched his own online business but hadn’t seen much success with it for a few months. After a year of trial and error, he had reached over 6-figures in sales and on track to complete 7-figures shortly.
Hey Omon! How did you get started in marketing?
Omon: One day I was surfing the web and noticed that the one factor affecting businesses today, is the increased use of technology. Not only were most businesses experiencing growth through their e-commerce store but also from Social Media Marketing. I decided to put the two together and start my own online business, promoting it through social media.
What are your 7 tips for those looking to build an online marketing business?
- Have everything set up and ready to go before launching your website. That way you won’t have any problems along the way.
- Know what you need to charge to make a profit, and how much profit each customer means to you. Know the profit difference between all of your different products. If you don’t understand these numbers it will be hard to make decisions and run your business successfully.
- Start out with a friend/family member so you have a partner to work with. This is the most important tip I can give anyone, having a partner will provide constant motivation and work ethic.
- Know your audience. You should always know who you are selling to regarding gender, age, etc.
- Make sure customers are satisfied. I personally use 7-day shipping with high-quality packages. This provides trust and professionalism to your brand. If you don’t include this in your store, many customers will be unhappy and send you a ton of emails and refund requests.
- Keep testing products there’s usually a 15% chance that your product will be a winner. Also, remember that one product can change your whole life around if scaled correctly.
- Lastly, stay consistent keep working on your store and learn from your mistakes. That’s what will make you successful.
When you started out, what are 3 things you wish someone had told you?
- You will experience struggles and obstacles along your journey. It is completely normal and every successful entrepreneur had experienced it. If you can pass those obstacles and keep going then that is what will make define you.
- Don’t rush the process. It may take some time to start seeing results but no matter what, never give up on your store.
- It is okay to lose money when you’re starting out. For example, when I had first started out with Marketing, I had lost a few thousand without making a penny back. To avoid this make sure you have someone/something guiding you along the whole process. The path will not be easy so have some with experience and results to guide you.
What inspired you to pursue Entrepreneurship?
Omon: In short, I basically started Entrepreneurship to escape the rat race. I knew I didn’t want to work a 9-5 for 30+ years. I’ve decided to become my own boss and open my own business where I have the freedom to work anytime I’d like for myself.
If you had to give one piece of advice to the next generation of entrepreneurs, what would it be?
Omon: For anyone that is interested in this industry, please remember this is a business and not a get rich quick scheme. You will definitely not see any success when you first start, however, if you put your time and dedication the results will arrive.
What’s the best way for people to contact you?
Omon: If you have any questions or interested in contacting me, my Instagram is @ayyeomon or shoot me an email email@example.com
Renowned Real Estate Master Morad Fiki Makes His Mark With Houston Luxury Real Estate
Brismoneyy: the next big thing in rap
From Poverty to Modern Success Story with Joshua Pollitt
Entertainment4 weeks ago
22-Year-Old Concert Photographer Nominated for “Best Photographer” Award at the SCM Awards 2020
Entertainment2 weeks ago
Wayz Takes the Lead in the Mexican-American Hip-Hop Scene with His Album ‘Machine’
Entrepreneurs2 weeks ago
Darik Alexander Is An Entrepreneur, Motivational Speaker, And Much More Who Wants To Help People Find Their Financial Freedom
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
There Are Triple Threats and Then There’s Frederick Tabiyus Nah IV, Who Is a Category of His Own
Interviews3 weeks ago
Jon Wolfe: How This Country Star Started His Own Company
Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
Meet LeadJolt – The Smartest Guys in Real Estate Advertising
Life2 weeks ago
A Vision of Hope: Pastor Ché Ahn is Dedicated to Serving His Community
Interviews4 weeks ago
Movers and Shakers Interview with Lil Savvy