Running a business or a personal website requires a lot of SEO efforts to make it thrive. You can’t just create a website and expect everything to fall into place, you need to invest in keyword research and other SEO aspects to get discovered by search engines and stay relevant in the online world. The reason why your competitors are outshining you is the fact that they are willing to invest big in search engine optimization and implement various tactics to make it work. Don’t be left out while others are getting ahead with their businesses. Here are a few tactics that if implemented properly in your web design will put you in a level ground with your competitors. You also need to believe in yourself and stop listening to what others are implying about business trends.
You can’t make a difference in your SEO performance if you don’t know what you are doing wrong. To help you establish what is wrong with your tactics, here are a few questions you need to ask yourself
- Is your SEO strategies updated? – You need to realize that due to the frequent algorithm updates carried out by Google SEO practices keep on changing every day. This makes it had to use an all size fits all approach when devising your SEO strategy. If you feel like you haven’t done enough to improve your SEO, research on a different new tactic to maximize your efforts.
- Are you improving on the various aspects of your site? – User experience is a great determinant of how Google ranks your website. You should try to make their stay on your site a pleasant one. Is your site mobile friendly? Can the visitor have an easy time navigating through your website? Have you optimized your website speed? These are a few things that you should look at when you want to improve your user experience.
- Are you ignoring your users? – You should prioritize your users because they are the ones you depend on for traffic. Don’t just sit back without checking whether they are having a good time or not. There is always room for improvement. Remain focused by updating yourself with your long and short term goals.
Now that you have established what is not working on your website, it is time to employ a few tactics for the betterment of your site traffic.
1. Share Homepage Link Authority
Your homepage is the entry point in your website and needs to be welcoming and attractive. It needs all the right attributes to make it unique and engaging. Ignoring your website’s link authority is doing it an injustice. You have to direct your homepage to other subpages of your website. Don’t discriminate against links, all of them are important in preserving your domain authority.
2. Create Quality and Unique Content
Do your research first before sitting down to create your web content? Content is no doubt king and you have to make it feel like one if you know what I mean. A good content caters to the needs of your visitors by giving them relevant information on how to better their lives. Don’t just scribble down empty texts without relevance. You should also make your content engaging and exciting to read. To make it even better, try including images, videos, audio, infographics, and charts to explain vividly the message you are trying to pass out. Make it evergreen and topical for a long time to improve its life span. Don’t focus so much on trending topics as their hype dies down very fast.
3. Utilize Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
Websites need to be responsive to cater to those accessing their information on mobile phones. Employ the best technologies and SEO Services to make this a reality. One of them is the Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), which is a coding standard for publishers that make website pages viewed from a mobile phone look stripped-down simple. The majority of websites don’t emphasize this and they end up losing a half if their traffic by not making their sites’ user-friendly to mobile users. It is not a threat that Google has now started Mobile-first indexing to rank websites meaning that you don’t only lose your potential visitors but your ranking also goes down.
4. Use HTTPS for Security Purposes
Security is a major concern when visiting and engaging with a website. Visitors want to know that their private information remains private. Like I said before Google favours users when ranking websites. User experience is what matters most to them. Sites that use HTTP are not secure and Google does not like this. If you are running a website ensure that it is HTTPS. This assures your visitors that their credentials are protected and they don’t have to worry about identity theft and other security threats.
Ranking high depends on your efforts in improving your website to make it user-friendly. Visitors will embrace a website that offers them a great experience when they are interacting with it. One way to do this is to make your website responsive to cater to your mobile viewers. Your website design also plays a vital role in user experience in that it needs to be intuitive enough for visitors to navigate through with ease.
Naman Modi is a Professional Blogger, SEO Expert & Guest blogger at NamanModi.com, He is an Award-Winning Freelancer & Web Entrepreneur helping new entrepreneur’s launches their first successful online business.
David “Dino” Wells Jr. Reinvents Himself through Music
Shane Mulgrew Talks about Peak Performance and How It Could Shape an Individual’s Life-Long Success
Awesome Life Group Brings Financial Freedom and Literacy to a Whole New Level
Women@KD2 days ago
TV Reporter Turned Mompreneur Invents Solution to Dirty Car Seats
Interviews2 days ago
Q&A with Jonathan Lepow, the Co-founder of @toptree
Entrepreneurs2 days ago
How Jason Capital Became A Millionaire at 24 Years Old
Business2 days ago
SoMin.ai Is a Gartner Cool Vendor in AI for Marketing
Business2 days ago
Clean Canz Is Taking A Cleaner And More Eco-Friendly Approach To Taking Out Trash
careers2 days ago
Home Business Ideas That Let You WFH Forever
Technology2 days ago
How to Catch a Cheater: 10 Handy Ways to Spy on a Cheating Spouse
Business2 days ago
Dogelon Takes the Cryptocurrency World by Storm with Its Unique Concept