In this highly competitive world, it’s no surprise that companies do everything they could to retain their existing clients. Most companies even strive to win clients of their competitors. And as sly as the game may appear, it’s still a fair play for the reason that it’s crucial for the survival of a company.
Digital marketing is the strategic action to attract, engage and connect with a business target audience online. More and more companies are adapting and incorporating digital marketing strategies to help establish their brand. It could be fatal for a company which lacks the initiative to include digital marketing on their agenda as it may ultimately result in significant profit loss.
Digital marketing defined
In this article, we will discuss the various ways you can do as a company to stand out from competitors. But if you are not yet familiar, or you don’t have a basic grasp of what digital marketing is all about—then read on.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing (aka online marketing) is any form of marketing that is mostly done specifically in the digital environment. This form of marketing utilizes digital platforms, electronic devices, and of course the internet. In marketing online, various strategies and tools are used to run marketing campaigns, as well as communicating with customers and prospects.
Unfortunately, even though digital marketing has been present for more than 2 decades now, not all businesses take advantage of it. In fact, in 2017, data from HubSpot show that 49% of businesses do not have a digital marketing strategy that is clearly defined. And according to HubSpot, there are still 39% of marketers that don’t believe in the effectiveness of their marketing campaign. While 40% of marketers explain that providing ROI is still their number one challenge.
This 2019, the digital marketing landscape has undergone a tremendous change. The competition online is fiercer than ever, the disruption of new marketing tactics forced businesses to re-evaluate their strategies. A recent stats even reveal that 76% of people believe that for the past two years, marketing has had an immense transformation.
One of the many channels of digital marketing is email marketing. This channel is considered as the most effective when it comes to delivering higher conversion and ROI. Email marketing, in its broadest sense, is the act of sending messages (usually a commercial one) using email, to a particular group of people.
The email recipients are generally the business’ prospects and subscribers. Running an email marketing campaign is regarded as the most effective channel of overall digital marketing when it comes to communicating with prospects and subscribers. When done effectively, this could lead to a higher conversion rate and ROI.
However, to run a successful campaign, marketers should see to it that all emails must be validated. It is key to ensure that all emails must be validated before sending any email to avoid it from bouncing.
Digital Marketing Tips to Stand Out from Competitors
Given that the competition is stiffer than ever, can your company still succeed and stand out from your competitors? Yes—definitely! Although it will require rigorous strategic planning. But with the right information, effective tools, and correct business practice, you can certainly stand out from your competitors.
We have rounded up below some of the best digital marketing tips to help you stand out from your competitors.
- Curate great content. Content marketing is still very effective. And it is still king, especially if your target audience finds it relevant, informative and engaging. Generating great content means that it should add value to your prospects and subscribers’ daily lives, which will ultimately encourage them to convert.
- Identify your business’ buyer persona. Identifying the buyer persona of your business should be one of the first steps you should take in developing your digital marketing strategy. Once you have accurately gathered this information, use it as a practical guide in your marketing decisions. But don’t stop here, aside from creating a buyer persona, your business should also strive in customizing each point of contact with your target audience. So, personalize your marketing campaigns as much as possible.
- Be mindful of your keywords. Your carefully chosen keywords—that are appropriate and essential to your business—should serve as a guide in constructing all your content. These keywords should be present on your websites, landing pages, blog posts, and others. It is also best to partner it with SEO techniques to better reach your target audience.
- Let your product (or service) advertise for you. Since people of today are constantly bombarded with pop-ups, irrelevant ads, and tabloid-style advertising, they seldom believe most ads now. To counter this distaste, make sure your product or service does the talking for you too. Aside from providing a great product/service, make sure that your overall user experience is also good.
- Allow your clients to comment and leave a review. Most people today research and read reviews first before buying any product or service. So let your previous and current clients leave a comment and review about you. This is also a good way for you to know what they are saying about your company making it easier to identify areas for improvement.
Now here are some of the latest digital marketing trends that can also help your business to stand out online:
- Mobile optimization. Mobile devices are the most preferred by internet users nowadays. So start optimizing your mobile user experience.
- Utilize Artificial Intelligence. AI is revolutionizing and disrupting the marketing world. Taking advantage of it like using technologies such as chatbots, machine learning, and Big Data analysis can give you a competitive edge.
- Digital marketing automation. Automation is now a key to improving your overall effectiveness and efficiency. Look for repetitive tasks that you can automate to save time, effort, and money.
- Voice search. Thanks to Siri and Google Voice search, the use of voice search is becoming more popular. To adapt, make sure you optimize your search engine campaigns by using natural language and long-tail keywords.
- Native advertising. Tailoring your ads to smoothly and naturally integrate with your content makes it more useful and relevant to your users.
Mother-Daughter Team Building a Business Empire Made Out of Sugar and Grit
Andy Frisella Sits Down with Up-and-Coming Brand Venture Mentality
How Fighting All Monsters Is Helping Cancer Patients’ Families Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
Business3 weeks ago
25 Year-Old Investor, Matt Allen, Turns $1,832 to $37,198 on One Stock Trade
Business4 weeks ago
Power of Inner Strength: Joseph Martinez Rises Above Adversities With iX Global
Business3 weeks ago
The Secret to Success in the Modern World According to Alan Barragan
Interviews3 weeks ago
Movers & Shakers Interview with Adanna Austin
Women@KD3 weeks ago
American Children’s Book Author Angela K. Pearson Fights for Medical Freedom Through Her Book “I Am Not Contagious”
Women@KD3 weeks ago
Viviana Puello Dedicates Life’s Work and Company to Promoting Art and Peace
Entrepreneur2 weeks ago
5 Steps to Building a Billion Dollar Brand (The Howie Method)
Business1 week ago
Reach Digital Mkt Helps Their Clients Reach Greater Heights Through Sophisticated Social Media Marketing