Being a stay at home mom is a tough job, and the mom, unfortunately, feels underappreciated because caring for the little ones is not an easy job. They often feel unfulfilled as well, and at the same time want to contribute to their household income.
While the father is stressed about making sure that he is making enough money to care for his family, the mom is also very worried about finances! This is why there are more and more work at home moms around, and these stay at home moms that are able to contribute to the household financially feel more fulfilled. If you are a stay at home mom and you are looking for legitimate ways to make an income, here are some ideas:
- Freelance Writing: A great way to start making some decent cash is by writing for clients. However, like for anything else, it takes time and a strategy to land clients. You need to build a portfolio that showcases your writing. That means you will have to write for free in order to create something to show. Look for good quality sites where you can make contributions like SheKnows. Also, you can still start making money right away by opening an account at Fiverr and offering freelance writing services.
You will want to be specific about your niche, and be sure to overdeliver whenever you have a client purchasing from you. If you offer to write a 500-word article for $5, then add more words and deliver the day before it is due. If you keep doing that, you will have plenty of positive reviews to show off. Therefore, you will be able to add the work you have done for your Fiverr clients to your portfolio. Then once you are more confident, then you can start pitching clients from Indeed.com or Problogger since you will have writing samples to show.
By the way, you can also offer other freelancing services such as:
- Social Media Management
- Graphic Design or Banner Making
The sky is the limit!
- Be a Virtual Assistant: If being a freelance writer isn’t your thing, then you can always be a virtual assistant since many business owners need help with data entry, sending out emails, organization, their website management and so on! You can also offer this service on Fiverr. You can also try out other freelancing sites like UpWork or PeoplePerHour, however, those are bidding sites. You could end up doing a lot of work for very little. Fiverr is the best place to start for this too because you can set a fee for how long you will offer the client for. However, you will have to start low until you end up with enough positive reviews to raise your price!
- Monetize Your Blog: This tip will take a lot of work and patience. But there are so many ways you can create passive income from your blog. What you will need to do is learn about SEO and affiliate marketing. You will also need to learn about social media marketing, and one great place to learn about that is from The Warrior Forum. This forum is all about internet marketing, and you may want to buy some courses through there which are called WSOs that will teach you the things you need to know in order to build a money-making blog.
You will have to start off by learning the basics of SEO and blogging at least once a week on topics that will interest readers. The best type of blog for stay at home moms to start with is mom blogs! You can blog about your parenting journey, and give other moms tips as well! That is a place to start.
The goal of the blog is to attract the right kind of traffic that you will need to monetize it. You will also want to place Adsense on your blog so you end up with some revenue from Google. If your blog is receiving a large amount of the right traffic, and your social networks are gaining a lot of followers, you can also become an influencer. You will be able to sell sponsored posts, where companies will hire you to write up reviews about them.
In fact, if you are a freelance writer or provide other services, you can offer that on your blog as well. There are no limits on how to make money with your blog- but it will take a long time to get to this point.
- Sell A Course: Are you good at something? Do you have a skill that is unique like tarot reading or making fancy cakes? You can create an online course on Udemy, and if you advertise it well, you can make some good money! If this interests you, then you will need to know what apparatus to have in order to create a good quality course.
By the way, you can create several courses if you have different skills you want to teach others!
- Sell Your Own Products: If you like doing crafts and selling your creations, you can always sign up with Etsy and sell the products that you create. If you want to go down this route, but you have no idea what to make- then look through Etsy for inspiration. You could make toys, scarfs, paintings, and other artwork- and there are no limits to ideas of products that you can create. The trick is to create appealing stuff that others can use or would want for decoration.
- Offer Childcare Services From Your Home: If you want to make some extra cash and you want to watch working mother’s children during the day at home, this is an idea. You will need to pass any legal checks before you can open up a childcare center at your home. You can also offer moms of older kids to pick their kids up from school and to have them stay with you until their parents are ready to pick them up.
There are so many ways for stay at home moms to make money from home! If you are a stay at home mom and have the desire to make some money, hopefully, one or more of these ideas listed will inspire you! All you have to do is take action and be consistent with that, the rest will happen- and you will increase your household income!
10 Facebook Ad Objectives, to achieve the Best Campaign Result
How can you start investing in SIP?
Micro influencers: how to work with them
Business4 weeks ago
9 Young & Successful Entrepreneurs Share Their Habits
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
Trials and Tribulations: How Connor Keene Turned Pain Into Passion
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
How Jason Bramble Went From Doubted Kid to 6-Figure Business Owner
Interviews1 week ago
Niko Porikos – Hockey Player turned Superstar Entrepreneur
Interviews2 weeks ago
From Trading to Venture Capital – A Conversation with David Moradi
Technology4 weeks ago
New e-cig player HitBit seeing massive growth
Lifestyle4 weeks ago
Nashville is the next hot spot and here is why
Interviews4 weeks ago
World Class Marketing Consultant Myke Metzger Explains Search Engine Optimization For Beginners