“Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” Carol Burnett (BrainyQuote)
The Beyonce, affectionately called Queen Bey, is making waves again and she is giving me all kinds of life! Yes, I realize I’m not the typical face of the Beyhive but I know I’m not alone. She personifies a woman that chooses herself daily; living her best life, on her terms, liberated from self-limiting belief systems. I’m here for it, and I’m here for her.
It’s early August 2018, and social media is already a buzz about Beyonce’s appearance on the September 2018 edition of VOGUE magazine. Yes, because she’s gracing the cover but also because she did it with very little make-up and she commissioned an African-American photographer to take the million dollar photos. Using an African-American photographer to shot a VOGUE cover photo is a first.
She is a conduit for influencing, inspiring, and empowering others to choose the life they want to live full-on; no holds barred.
August 10th is my birthday, and I choose me, again! I started celebrating my birthday all month long almost thirty years ago. I believe birthdays are national holidays whether anyone else recognizes them or not. Part of my celebration is not only a time for reflection but also a time to revisit my personal and professional goals.
Yes, at the beginning of each year I create my vision journal. I chart my course and create an action plan for achievement. But my birthday month is at a perfect time of the calendar year; on the cusp of the fourth quarter. It’s a great time of the year to implement a corrective action plan if/when I’m off course. I can ramp up my grind if necessary to reach ultimately reach my goals. It’s also an excellent time for a reassessment of those goals and if to remove them.
Just like Queen Bey, I live to help serve and help others. So my birthday reflections include me going into my laboratory to see how what I’m doing can help others.
- Write more KivoDaily articles.
- Schedule more podcast interviews.
- Interview more guest for my television and radio broadcast.
- Create 4-week SuperPower School to Dominate Success a training to help women find and utilize their superpowers to dominate success in all areas of their life.
But what I’m most excited about is a book collaboration, “Today I Choose Me”! “Today I Choose Me” is where I will showcase the stories of middle-aged women that personify, like Queen Bey and myself, choosing ourselves first and serving others. Sidebar, please pass this along to someone that may have an exciting story to share!
A result of my reflection is how every day in the midst of competing priorities, the needs of others, haunting self-limiting belief systems, etc. daily, I have to choose me, first. It takes positive self-talk, and some of my ‘today I choose me proclamations’:
- Today I choose me because when I take care of my self because I should bring my best self to the table of life.
- Today I choose me because I lead by example and I want to be an example of overall success; career/business, relationships, finances, and health.
- Today I choose me because my millennials are watching and I want them to see living a life you love is possible.
- Today I choose me because the life I live will speak louder than the words I speak.
- Today I choose me because everything I need to succeed is already inside of me. I have to find, cultivate, and manifest it.
- Today I choose me because if I don’t, who will?
Queen Bey chooses herself. I choose me. Who will you choose today? Proclaim it!
Exercise That Keeps your Marriage Healthy
Johnny Medina Turned His Social Media Hobby into a Full- Time Marketing Career
Bitcoin mining: Explained in Simple Terms
Interviews4 weeks ago
Ravi Abuvala – Building a 7 Figure Digital Agency
Business2 weeks ago
The Secret Success of Trü Mob’s Clothing
Interviews1 week ago
Pioneering Space Communication: A Conversation With Rishabh Nakra And Aakash Gautam
Business3 weeks ago
Six Common Project Management Mistakes in Printing Business
Interviews4 weeks ago
How to Maximize Your Results Using Videos
Interviews3 weeks ago
An Interview with Imperative Media Founders Tristan Horn and Kyle Lopez
Entrepreneurs2 weeks ago
Young Serial Entrepreneur Who Went from Penny Pincher to Multi-Figure Earner
Interviews3 weeks ago
Scott Wolf – Creating Success in Real Estate