“Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” Carol Burnett (BrainyQuote)
Beyonce, affectionately called Queen Bey, is making waves again and she is giving me all kinds of life! Yes, I realize I’m not the typical face of the Beyhive but I know I’m not alone. She personifies a woman that chooses herself daily; living her best life, on her terms, liberated from self-limiting belief systems. I’m here for it, and I’m here for her.
It’s early August 2018, and social media is already a buzz about Beyonce’s appearance on the September 2018 edition of VOGUE magazine. Yes, because she’s gracing the cover but also because she did it with very little make-up and she commissioned an African-American photographer to take the million-dollar photos. Using an African-American photographer to shot a VOGUE cover photo is a first.
She is a conduit for influencing, inspiring, and empowering others to choose the life they want to live full-on; no holds barred.
August 10th is my birthday, and I choose me, again! I started celebrating my birthday all month long almost thirty years ago. I believe birthdays are national holidays whether anyone else recognizes them or not. Part of my celebration is not only a time for reflection but also a time to revisit my personal and professional goals.
Yes, at the beginning of each year I create my vision journal. I chart my course and create an action plan for achievement. But my birthday month is at a perfect time of the calendar year; on the cusp of the fourth quarter. It’s a great time of the year to implement a corrective action plan if/when I’m off course. I can ramp up my grind if necessary to reach ultimately reach my goals. It’s also an excellent time for a reassessment of those goals and if to remove them.
Just like Queen Bey, I live to help serve and help others. So my birthday reflections include me going into my laboratory to see how what I’m doing can help others.
- Write more KivoDaily articles.
- Schedule more podcast interviews.
- Interview more guests for my television and radio broadcast.
- Create 4-week SuperPower School to Dominate Success a training to help women find and utilize their superpowers to dominate success in all areas of their life.
But what I’m most excited about is a book collaboration, “Today I Choose Me”! “Today I Choose Me” is where I will showcase the stories of middle-aged women that personify, like Queen Bey and myself, choosing ourselves first and serving others. Sidebar, please pass this along to someone that may have an exciting story to share!
A result of my reflection is how every day in the midst of competing priorities, the needs of others, haunting self-limiting belief systems, etc. daily, I have to choose me, first. It takes positive self-talk, and some of my ‘today I choose me proclamations’:
- Today I choose me because when I take care of my self because I should bring my best self to the table of life.
- Today I choose me because I lead by example and I want to be an example of overall success; career/business, relationships, finances, and health.
- Today I choose me because my millennials are watching and I want them to see living a life you love is possible.
- Today I choose me because the life I live will speak louder than the words I speak.
- Today I choose me because everything I need to succeed is already inside of me. I have to find, cultivate, and manifest it.
- Today I choose me because if I don’t, who will?
Queen Bey chooses herself. I choose myself. Who will you choose today? Proclaim it!
What Schools in the Future Might Look Like
5 Reasons You Need to Use Chalkboard
CEO of Acu-Elligent LLC, Lori Smith, Provides Small Businesses With a Competitive Advantage to Securing Federal Government Contracts
Entertainment7 days ago
Musician and Actor Uno Paper Boi Opens Up About His Upbringing in the Wake of the Release of His Album ‘The Blue Devil’
Entertainment7 days ago
Dani Stephenson and Straight Forward Giving Are Pushing the Envelope of Philanthropy in the Entertainment Industry
Business7 days ago
What Is Cryptocurrency Staking?
Business7 days ago
National Adhesive: Adhesive and Sealant Powerhouse Helping Clients Make the Right Choice
Entrepreneurs3 days ago
Ahyanah Mincy’s New E-book Has 20 Profitable Online Business Ideas: An Endless World Of Business Ideas
Health7 days ago
Dr. Joseph Jacobs and the ASTR Institute: Revolutionizing Chronic Pain Treatments
Business2 days ago
Technology2 days ago
The Purr-fect Combination: Technology and Pets